Monday, February 05, 2007

Da Bears... I mean COLTS!!!

Could you ask for a better Super Bowl? Who ever would have thought the Bears and the Colts facing off in the final showdown of the season? For me, my allegance was divided, I must admit. Growing up in Indiana, it goes without saying that I'd be Colts fan, but my childhood memory of those '85 Bears and the Superbowl Shuffle is so endearing, plus, Chicago is my home now! But, when it came down to it, and I had to choose a team (cause you know, you can't be for both teams...) my heart went with the Colts. Truly! I'm not just saying that cause they are the World Champs! I am so happy for Tony Dungy and for Peyton Manning. What a class act! I find it amazing that many times you'll hear a superstar say "Thanks to God", but the sincerity is lacking to say the least. Here, you have an owner and a manager that just emit their gratitude to The Almighty! So impressive-- which ironically isn't at all the purpose of their sentament.

Now, about the game itself. Have you ever seen more turnovers... in the first half, let alone the whole game? Crazy! And, as if Chicago wasn't already hard enough on Rex Grossman, this game will be hard to overcome. To have 2 missed snaps and an interception all in a row is tough, even if it is raining! I feel bad for the guy cause he's taken a lot of heat throughout the season. In a way, I was at least hoping he'd have a redeeming game... but the Colts would still win! Oh well, at least part of that scenario went my way! I hope that Rexy gets another shot at it.

Now, I guess it's on to the Pro Bowl and the end of the '06-'07 football season. Why do I love the end of the football season...?

Now it's time for the Big Show... Baseball season!

No comments: