Monday, November 06, 2006

Melancholy

Well, this is interesting. I actually just looked up the word melancholy in the dictionary and the first definition has nothing to do with a state of mind, but the second says, "depression of spirits." I always thought that melancholy just meant that you were not excited or depressed, just somewhere in the middle. So that's why I titled my post Melancholy. If you refer to melancholy as depressed, then that's not what I meant.

I don't really feel depressed. I feel extremely thoughtful lately though. So much is going on internally for me that it's got me wound up so tight. Oddly, I have a real sense of peace though. I know that my peace is coming from God alone. He promises me that he will be the peace that passes all understanding. We are in a place that we never imagined that we'd be 2 years after moving away from our home. I have to confess that as hard as I try, I can't make this place feel 100% like home. I've always felt that way. That's really all I can say about the current state of things.

No comments: