Thursday, September 21, 2006

Seasons

How much do I love Fall? Everyone that I know says that Fall is their favorite season. It must be because it falls in between the roughest of the four seasons. Summer can be brutel with the heat... though I will say that a midwest summer doesn't compare to say, an Arizona summer. Winter in the midwest, however, can be horrible. We're due for a rough winter I think. It's been fairly mild the last couple years. So, all of that being said, who wouldn't love fall?

I thought of it in particular this morning cause I woke up to the crispness of the morning filling our bedroom. I left the windows cracked all night. I love that I had to get our quilt made of love by my mother-in-law back out to keep us warm during the fall nights. Nothing is better than pulling out sweaters and sweatshirts and moving our jackets to the front of the closet. Right now, when I sit in the glider rocker that we got when we had Alissa, I can look out our bedroom window and see our one tree with its leaves starting to change. What a thrill to teach Andrew about the seasons and have him witness it. When we walk out to get the mail, he says, "Ooh, mommy, it's very windy and chilly out." "Yeah, buddy, that means it's getting to be fall." I reminded him about the summer when we got our little pool out and it was sooo hot trying to help him learn the difference in the seasons.

I mostly want to dwell on what I love about this great season, but lets be honest, fall allergies really stink and how great would it be if it would stay light longer in the fall? Those are my only two issues with the changing season.

So, if your favorite season is fall, lets give a big shout out to God for being so creative!

No comments: