Monday, September 11, 2006

Back To Work

Last weekend was my first weekend on my floor-- Cancer Care-- in nearly 3 months of getting called off or floated to other units due to low patient volume on my floor. It really felt good to be back. I love taking care of patients and it's clear to me again and again that I am in the right profession for me. I really love it. The nicest thing about being back though was how kind my co-workers were to me. Everyone made sure to tell me how happy they were to see me and work with me again. That creates a feeling that words can't describe.

I am happy that starting in October I'll be part of the permanent staff therefore getting called off much less frequently.

For most going to work is just what they do as part of their every day, for me, going to work is getting away. I love going to work to take care of my patients and to interact with my co-workers. I thank God for this opportunity and I thank my husband for taking on 3 kids for whole weekends at time... single handedly.

No comments: