Sunday, August 06, 2006

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoguht #1
Okay, here I am at the end of the weekend. A long weekend it's been. It always feels that way when I sing at church. Singing on the worship team is one of the things in my life that brings me the most joy. It absolutely energizes me to be up there worshiping God. Ooh! I just love it and this weekend was particularly high energy so that was even better. But like a lot of the things that we love in life, at the end, I'm so tired. I'll take the tiredness to be able to do it again and again!

Thought #2
I was also scheduled to work all night tonight. Ugh! Of all the times that I wish that I could work and NOT get called off, this is the least of them. Not only am I tired from the weekend of singing, I am not used to working all night on a Sunday night into Monday morning when Eric won't be here to let me sleep the next day. And to top it off, we are planning to leave Wednesday evening for our visit ot West Virginia with Eric's family. So of the things listed here, work is the one I am least excited about. I said a prayer today on my way home from service that God would protect "people" from anything that would require hospital admission and that he would bring those that were already there to a point in their recovery so that they could be discharged. This prayer was said in hopes that I would get called off. And I did! I am on call, but still, Glory to God for answering that prayer.

Thought #3
So, in saying that prayer does that mean that on other days I pray that people would be sick enough to go to or stay in the hospital. I don't think so, but it is job security for me. There will always be sick people. No matter how advanced our technology becomes and good our medicine is, there will always be a need for nurses.

Thought #4
The message this weekend was on Courage. The challenge was "what thing in your life do you need to step out in courage to face?" It's interesting because the response that came to my head is also the response that I had for the "Mountain Moving Prayers" message. Weight Loss!
Praise God that I am on that journey, hopefully once and for all. But it does require courage. The biggest leap for me was sharing openly with my girfriends about my weight issue and an even bigger leap was going yet another step with just one friend. So, even though I've taken the initial leap with courage, I continue to ask God to help and give me courage and strength for the entire journey. God says, "Be strong and couragous..."

My final thought:
Whenever I sing or work on a weekend, Eric is left with the bulk of kid responsiblity. I know it's tough. He works hard all week and I know in his heart of hearts he wishes he could come home and not have to be responsible for three little lives, but he embraces it and does a great job. He has told me before that having these times reminds him of how hard I work during the week when I'm home with them day after day. So, in some way, it's really good for both of us. Whether it's singing or working, I always feel refreshed (despite the tiredness) having been with adults and doing things I love. Again, good for both of us.
As a little refresher for Eric tonight, he went with the guys to see "Taledega Nights, The Legend of Ricky Bobby." I have to admit, I'm a little jealous.

No comments: